Reopening Guides:


Search Knowledge Base by Keyword

Liquor and Cannabis Board says YES to cocktails

< All Topics

As of May 6, you may now sell cocktails for takeout and delivery if your restaurant has a current Spirits, Beer and Wine license.

In order to sell pre-mixed alcoholic beverages, you must comply with the following:

  • Ensure you sell a complete meal, as defined by state law, that has been prepared on the premises with the cocktail
  • Package the premixed cocktail in a container with a sealed lid or cap that will prevent consumption without removing. A cup with a lid and straw hole is not acceptable. You can find examples of this here
  • Deliver pre-mixed beverages in the trunk of a vehicle, or beyond the immediate reach of the driver
  • Guarantee the person delivering the cocktails is 21 or older, is an employee of the business and holds a MAST permit
  • Guarantee the customer is at least 21 or older

You must also prominently post the following:

Customer Notice

Pre-mixed alcoholic beverages that are packaged by this establishment may not be consumed in a motor vehicle or transported in a motor vehicle except in the vehicle’s trunk; or, if there is no trunk, in some other area of the vehicle not normally occupied by the driver or passengers (this does not include a utility compartment or glove compartment, but may include underneath a seat outside of the driver’s reach). RCW 46.61.519.

This allowance will expire 30 days after the county your restaurant is in enters Phase 4 of Washington’s Safe Start Plan.