Search Knowledge Base by Keyword
Lodging members: New updates for Phase 2 & 3 fitness centers
Last Updated On
On Aug. 3, 2020, the Governor’s Office released updates for fitness centers.
According to the Governor’s Office, the updates include:
- Allowing fitness and sports training other than group fitness classes.
- Increasing the distancing requirement while exercising indoors from six feet to 300 square feet per person, except while practicing certain team sports.
- Occupancy and distancing requirements should be determined and posted for every room in the facility.
- Requiring all patrons to wear face coverings when inside indoor fitness facilities, except while engaged in strenuous exercise.
- Patrons who remove their cloth facial coverings to exercise must wear them at all other times, including immediately before and immediately after exercise.
- Clarifying that outdoor locations for fitness training are preferred to indoors locations and should be utilized to the greatest extent possible. Outdoor temporary structures may be used. Outdoor temporary structures should have no more than two walls to provide appropriate ventilation.