Search Knowledge Base by Keyword
Should hotels shut down the complimentary breakfast area?
All self-service food stations need to be monitored by staff to:
· Ensure all sneeze guards, utensils, and other customer-service equipment is properly in place and used
· Discard any food that has been contaminated by customers, such as touching food or sneezing and or coughing along the service line
· Monitor food to maintain proper temperature
· Replace utensils with clean utensils at least every four hours and ensure used utensils are properly washed, rinsed, and sanitized
· Ensure non-food contact surfaces, particularly touchpoints such as counters, hand rails, etc., are washed, rinsed, and sanitized daily
· Limit customer traffic to prevent close contact of customers (defined as being within 6 feet of each other for at least 10 minutes)
Self-service should be discontinued if this level of monitoring is not sustainable.