Search Knowledge Base by Keyword
Should hotels shut down the complimentary breakfast area?
Last Updated On
All self-service food stations need to be monitored by staff to:
- Ensure all sneeze guards, utensils, and other customer-service equipment is properly in place and used
- Discard any food that has been contaminated by customers, such as touching food or sneezing and or coughing along the service line
- Monitor food to maintain proper temperature
- Replace utensils with clean utensils at least every four hours and ensure used utensils are properly washed, rinsed, and sanitized
- Ensure non-food contact surfaces, particularly touchpoints such as counters, hand rails, etc., are washed, rinsed, and sanitized daily
- Limit customer traffic to prevent close contact of customers (defined as being within 6 feet of each other for at least 10 minutes)
- Self-service should be discontinued if this level of monitoring is not sustainable.