Search Knowledge Base by Keyword
Washington state grant funding portal will be live on Dec. 2
Since announcing a new round of restrictions last month, the governor has authorized the Department of Commerce to administer federal coronavirus aid and support funding to highly impacted businesses.
Hospitality industry operations with specific North American Industry Classification System code (NAICS) have been identified as “highly impacted”. More details and the portal link can be found here.
The Department of Commerce’s portal is expected to be live by 1 p.m. on Dec. 2. Please review the list of items you need to apply below and prepare in advance of submitting your application. The deadline to apply is Dec. 11.
Because relief will be granted on a first-come-first-serve basis (as long as all other criteria are met), it is imperative you take advantage of this opportunity as soon as possible.
Here is a checklist of the information you’ll need to have ready:
- Applicant W-9 Request for Taxpayer Identiﬁcation Number
- Copy of valid government-issued photo I.D.
- For tribal-member owned businesses: license or certiﬁcation if business activity is conducted outside the tribal jurisdiction; letter or certiﬁcation from the tribe recognizing you as a business if business activity is within the tribal jurisdiction.
- Copy of 2019 Tax Return or other confirmation of Business Gross Revenues for 2019.
- For businesses with a physical location, evidence of that location, such as lease, tax statement, utility bill, etc.
- NAICS code or clear description of your primary business activity. A NAICS code is helpful, but not necessary. If you have never used a NAICS code, you can learn more here: What is a NAICS Code? and explore NAICS codes to see which one fits your business.
Qualifying expenses include rent, mortgage payments, utilities, third-party delivery fees, to-go equipment, PPE, etc. If granted, these federal relief dollars are likely taxable. Please consult your tax professional.
You can find the Department of Commerce’s web portal for the grants here.