Gov. Jay Inslee’s office officially rescinded guidance for bowling alleys and golf courses last week, stating the guidelines were substantially like other documents on the Healthy Washington—Roadmap to Recovery website.
Bowling alleys (along with museums, zoos and aquariums) should now follow the June 2 guidelines for indoor entertainment. In Phase 3, which is still in place until June 30:
- Limit capacity to 50% of the fire code occupancy of the indoor space
- Do not exceed 400 people
Golf courses no longer need to follow the guidance for golf courses or outdoor recreation. Instead, they must comply with the Secretary of Health’s mask order that you can find here. Those who are fully vaccinated are not required to wear a mask.
Washington has loosened its mask guidelines for fully vaccinated individuals who are now no longer required to wear a mask. Businesses may implement their own policies regarding mask use:
- Implement an honor system
- Ask customers about their vaccination status
- Require proof of vaccination status
- Continue to require a face mask to enter