The $28.6 billion Restaurant Revitalization Fund program is designed to help restaurants, bars and other eligible businesses recover pandemic-related losses. Grants will range from a minimum of $1,000 up to $10 million per business or $5 million per location. They do not need to be repaid if used in full by March 10, 2023 and may be used to purchase supplies, make payroll, meet debt obligations, pay for the construction of outdoor seating or to cover other eligible expenses.
The need for relief is great. Within the first 36 hours of the application portals opening, 186,200 restaurants, bars and other eligible businesses had already applied to receive assistance. Although funds are limited, eligible businesses are still encouraged to apply. Get all the resources you need to apply on our Restaurant Revitalization Fund Toolkit.
- Learn about eligibility and the documentation as soon as possible. (Review this how-to-apply guide, updated RRF FAQ or go to gov/restaurants for program details. Find more important resources and links in our RRF toolkit.)
- Gather your documentation and complete a sample application before you log in to apply.
- Have your documentation ready in clearly labeled electronic files that are no larger than 32MB.
- Apply on the SBA application portal
- If Toast or Square is your point-of-service provider, plan to apply through their website. Clover, NCR/Aloha, Heartland and other POS system providers are providing documentation support for their customers. Learn more about SBA POS partners here.
- Be very careful to be accurate and mistake-free when applying. Applications with incorrect information or mistakes will not be valid. Corrected applications move to the back of the line.
- To make a correction following application submission and before award funding, applicants must revisit the application portal or call the support hotline at 1-844-279-8898 (open Mon-Fri 8 a.m.-8 p.m. EST) to submit the correction or new documentation. The SBA will not allow corrections to awards that have been paid to awardees.
- For questions or problems while in the application portal, you may submit a message using the platform inbox. The SBA has said that for quick answers, this may be your best route. You can also call the SBA support line at 1-844-279-8898.
AVOID COMMON MISTAKES:
- When entering in a state in the address section(s) use the abbreviation in capital letters such as WA .
- For the date the business opened, use the date when the business began operations under the current owner(s).
- Be careful to use the correct format for the specific type of ID number being used. EIN, SSN and ITIN have different formats.
- Check your work! Review all of your answers and confirm you have initialed everywhere required before finalizing your application.
Learn more about the RRF, get links to resources and find how-to webinars on our Restaurant Revitalization Fund Toolkit. Washington Hospitality Association members can contact their territorial managers for help.