Register Today! Webinar with the Small Business Administration
The federal coronavirus relief bill called the CARES Act was signed March 27. Details and specifics are trickling out and many of you have questions about how to best leverage the relief to help your business. Join us for a live, one-hour webinar with Anthony Anton, president and CEO of the Washington Hospitality Association, as well as experts from the U.S. Small Business Administration and the National Restaurant Association to ask your questions and get the answers you need.
This webinar is scheduled for Tuesday, April 7 at 10am PST.
Webinar Replay: CARES Act (COVID 3)
The National Restaurant Association Public Affairs team hosted a webinar to discuss the CARES Act (i.e. COVID 3). This webinar focused on the contents of the Coronavirus Aid, Relief and Economic Security (CARES) Act. Click here to view the replay.
Webinar Replay: Your largest fixed cost: Rent. What do you do?
The Washington Hospitality Association worked in cooperation with the California Restaurant Association to host a webinar to discuss options operators have to address rent during the coronavirus pandemic. Topics included:
- General overview of commercial tenant obligations and remedies during the COVID-19 pandemic
- Temporary closures during the pandemic
- Abatement or non-payment of rent during closures related to the pandemic
- Overview of common commercial lease provisions including force majeure, abatement of rent due to damage or casualty, and permitted use
- Common law contract principles such as frustration of purpose and impossibility
- Other potential sources of tenant relief including insurance and eviction moratoria
Webinar Replay: Coronavirus Business Impact Webinar
An information-packed webinar specifically for businesses impacted by coronavirus. Speakers from U.S. Small Business Administration, state Department of Health, Labor & Industries, Employment Security, Department of Commerce, UW School of Public Health and Washington Emergency Management Division. Webinar hosted by Association of Washington Business.
You can also read: [Webinar recap] Small business relief loans, survival strategies and more
Webinar Replay: Questions and Answers with the Employment Security Department (ESD)
What you need to know about unemployment benefits during the coronavirus outbreak in Washington state.
Washington Hospitality Association CEO Anthony Anton moderates a question and answers session with Employment Security Department’s Kris Bowen and Scott Micheal.